To make games, you have to walk through something called the iterative loop.
- You have to have an idea,
- And you have to figure out how to build it into something testable
- And then you have to test it,
- And then you have to reflect upon it,
- And then you have to adjust your idea.
Then you complete the iterative loop, and you do it again.
Any designer will have to run around this iterative loop thousand of times before a game is completed.
[…] Figure out ways to move, to make that loop smaller. And to run though it more efficiently. Or you'll burn yourself out.
(Slightly edited for readability)